Failure is an Option
Be the first to know what’s going on in the Total Failure, Inc office!
Sign-up below to receive news on new books, trailers, games and events.
Uh Oh! There was an error with the form. Please try again!
All your personal Information will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). Walker Books Limited (“we”, “us”) is the data controller of your Information for the purposes of the Act.
INFORMATION COLLECTION: CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
- No personal Information (such as your name, address or e-mail address) is collected by or should be provided to us, or posted to our website by children under the age of 13 without parental consent.
- Consent from your parent/guardian is not required where Information is sent to us in response to a competition in which case we will hold your Information only for the purposes of administering the contest and notifying winners. We will not require you to give us more Information than is reasonably necessary to take part in any such competition and your Information will be immediately removed from our records once the competition administration is completed.
INFORMATION COLLECTION: CHILDREN AGED 13 OR OVER AND ADULTS
We may collect Information about you when you request any information about us or our goods or services, submit your personal details and/or complete any forms on the website.
- We will not collect any personally identifying information (such as your name, address or e-mail address) other than the Information supplied to us on a voluntary basis as described below.
- When you register for information about us or our on-line activities, subscribe to our newsletter, enter a contest, register to use our Services or participate in a promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address, age, gender and e-mail address so we can provide the information, administer the newsletter, promotion or contest and notify winners. We will not, and may not, require you to give us more Information than is reasonably necessary to take part in any activity, contest or promotional offering.
- We will only use your Information for internal record keeping and for sending our newsletter, updates, exclusive extracts or further competitions. You may unsubscribe at any time from any such future mailings by hitting the unsubscribe button at the end of each mailing or by sending us an e-mail as described in Updating Your Information below
- If you have children under the age of 13 we ask you to complete their entry forms for competitions run on this site, signing up for our newsletter(s) or to participate in other activities offered
- We monitor site traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the site.
"Cookies" are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser to prevent that. To learn more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies. To disable cookies through your browser, follow the steps set out at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO OTHERS
Walker does not sell, trade, or rent your personal Information to others.
We may only disclose your Information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation or to enforce the terms of this Agreement and other agreement we may have with you or to protect our rights, property or safety or that of our clients or employees;
- to pass your Information to our affiliates (including, without limit, companies within the Walker Books group.)
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
If you want to know what Information we collect and hold about you or would like to update or change Information related to your interaction with Walker, please either write to us at:
Data Protection Compliance Officer, Walker Books Limited, 87 Vauxhall Walk London SE11 5HJ or e-mail your query or changes to privacy.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be kept and processed outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). We may also from time to time disclose your Information to other companies within the Walker Books group which are located outside the EEA for internal audit and analysis or general company administration. You consent to our transferring your personal data outside the EEA for these purposes.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK